Encouraging youth to learn about health care disparities in their communities
From 5pm until 8pm
At Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
$75 stipend upon completion of program
AABC and Projects, Cultural Wellness Center, Ignited Faces of Beauty
We are looking for 20 high school seniors interested in the health care field and equity and equality justice to learn about how health outcomes affect African American and Indigenous people from diverse experts in the health care field.
- Students must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or better),
have volunteer experience and identify as a person of color.
- Apply with a letter of recommendation from a teacher, spiritual leader, or community organization.
- Two paragraph statement on why you have an interest in the health care field.
YHCA Cohort benefits:
- 2 five-week options for students to attend
- June 2021 for five consecutive Wednesdays from 5pm - 8pm
- September 2021 for five consecutive Wednesdays from 5pm - 8pm
- CPR/First Aid Training (on-line)
- $75 Stipend upon completion
- Certificate of completion
- Dinner provided
- Networking with diverse students and teachers
- Build health care advocacy knowledge & vocabulary
- The opportunity to show extracurricular activity for higher education or future employment
2 FREE Sessions available: June 2021 or September 2021
Send applications to: Sameerah.firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2021
Questions to: email@example.com
This program is sponsored by:
Cultural Wellness Center (CWC) | Wilder African American Babies Coalition and Projects (AABC) | Ignited Faces of Beauty (IFOB)
Registration is closed